|associations / organisations
australia & nz
- ACT Textile Arts & Surface Design Association – a non-profit organisation which encourages textile/fibre arts in all its forms in the Canberra region. www.acttextiles.org.au
- Textile Network ACT: community based non-membership group, holds talks on the 2nd Thursday of each month, commencing 7:30pm at the Canberra School of Art Theatre (upstairs) Ð charge of $5 at the door. Details from Marlene Greenwood, newsletter editor for the group on e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
associations / organisations
- SPIN – fantastic Silk Painters International USA, annual membership $US30 per year ($US45 international).
- Surface Design Association, USA : excellent organisation
- the Fractured Atlas Organisation, community of independent artists (currently $US75 annual fee), also lists arts-related jobs in USA
- Textile Center of Minnesota, http://www.mtn.org./textilecenter/ – A coalition of the textile community, dedicated to promoting and preserving textile excellence. St. Paul.
- Fiber Guild of Greater Kansas City – http://kansascityfiberguild.org – Supports the local fiber arts community around Overland Park, Kansas. Gallery and program information.
- The Fibre Connection – The Fiber Connection is an Internet group that began in late 1997 when Lisa Call of Colorado decided to create an alliance of like-minded individuals interested in developing a profession in fiber art.
- Fibre Art Synergy Association – http://fibre-art-synergy.com/ – Artistic movement gathering creators interested in fibre art. Includes a member directory and exhibition information.
- Women in Textile Art – http://www.wta-online.org/ – International group specializing in promoting contemporary textile art by vanguard artists. Application for and information on sponsored exhibit.
- Silk Painters’ Guild for Fine Artists – Select International Artists in Silk Media. One time only entry fee $US100 – list of classes available. http://silkpaintersguild.org
associations / organisations
rest of world
- UK : the Guild of Silk Painters U.K. (membership based £16-24 per year, depending on location)
- UK : The Textile Society – http://www.textilesociety.org.uk – For textile art, design and history in the United Kingdom. Information on bursaries, events calendar.
- UK : The Batik Guild – www.batikguild.org.uk
- UK : Brigantia is a non-profit making organisation set up to help promote art and craft businesses based in the Yorkshire Moors, Wolds and Coast.
- UK : Dalesmade is a non-profit making organisation set up to help promote art and craft businesses based in the Yorkshire Dales.
- Wales : ArTex – Fibre Art Wales – http://www.fibreartwales.freeuk.com/ – Welsh contemporary fibre and textile artists. List of members and the workshops they teach.
- Germany : The European Textile Network
- Belgium : HABOTAI, a Socio-Cultural (non profit) Society for the Enhancement of Silkpainting since 1990 and has the same goals as SPIN. HABOTAI organizes monthly meetings of active members to demonstrate new techniques, yearly an exhibition of silk paintings and 3D works in silk, the publication of the HABOTAI INFO JOURNAL (in Dutch) three times a year. Contact Ms. Gerry De Laet, President, Reepkenslei 43, B-2550 Kontich, Belgium, Fax & Tel. : +323-288-87-58
Habotai.be Dutch & English website
- ASIA – INDONESIA
- Hong Kong : Textile Society of Hong Kong
- Thailand : the Thai Silk Association is located in the Textile industries Division, Soi Kluay Nam-Thai, Rama IV Road, Phra Khanong District, Bangkok Metropolis 10110
- Laos : Laos Textiles is a workshop, studio and gallery creating woven art. Specializing in 100 percent hand-woven silk, Carol and the 40 Lao artisans, PO Box 5088, Vientiane, Laos. Tel: Laos (856) 21-212123, email email@example.com
- Vietnam Textile Tour – 16 days, 12 April 2003, “China – the Silk Road” with Interasia Tours, Croydon, Vic Australia. email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dalton Textile Tours – http://www.daltontours.com/, Information on up and coming tours to China to discover the secrets of Chinese embroidery. Pictures and information on previous tours is provided.
- Puchka Peru Cultural Tours, http://www.puchkaperu.com, Textiles and folk art tours for those interested in Peruvian art and craft.
- Australia : Dana’s Textile Travels – http://www.icr.com.au/~danaj – Dana McCown shares pictures and notes from her travels to see traditional textiles around the world. Also “guest traveller” submissions.
classes, training & courses
- NSW – Sydney: Teena Hughes – tel: 0408-801-808 – Abfab Silk Designs & Classes, beginners [no skill required!], intermediate, advanced – if you’re looking for a fun day and learn along the way, this is the class for you!
- NSW – Sydney: Ku-ring-gai Art Centre – tel: 02-9413-9771 – http://www.kmc.nsw.gov.au, take a class with Marion Boyling, the Aussie expert textile artist – silk, cotton, rayon, Shibori
- QLD – Toowoomba : Cecile Arndt hosts experiential silk painting workshops using Australian made steam set dyes. As a textile artist she combines silk painting with creative sewing techniques to make a wide range of silk and textile creations. Go Visit http://www.cecilearndt.com
- QLD – Brisbane: Fabulous silk artist Ken Smith teaches his own Aussie Shibori style of handpainted silk, and other classes. Email Ken at email@example.com – www.bennett-smith.com
- ACT – Canberra: Australian Contemporary Textiles – A project of the Canberra School of Art Textiles Workshop and the ANU Institute of the Arts Library & Resource Centre
- WA – Perth: Rivers of Silk Workshops run by Michelle Miller in Margaret River, W.A. Phone/Fax: 08-9755-5484. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- MISC :
- The Silken Tent – Braidwood 02 4842 2579
- Batik Oetoro – Randwick 02 9398 6201 www.dyeman.com
- TAFTA – Geelong Forum – Mittagong Forum Geelong VIC – Mittagong box 38 the gap Qld 07 3300 6491 www.ggcreations.com.au/tafta/
October – Easter
- Camp Creative – Katoomba 02 4788 1591 January
- Silk & Threads – Colleen Weste – Mt Macedon VIC 03 5426 3322 www.silkdyestudio.com
- University of Southern Queensland – Toowoomba www.usq.edu.au
- Grafton Artfest – Grafton 02 6643 1528 www.artfestgrafton.com
- Judy Bourke – Thirroul 02 4267 2697 www.judybourke.com
regularly or by arrangement
- Karen MacPherson – Kianga 02 4476 5286 by request
- Rainbow Art & Craft – Bega 02 6492 3444 variable
- Hairloom Creations (Helen Stumkat) – Toowoomba QLD 07 4639 2201
- Passion de Soie (The Silk Workshop) Kew VIC 03 9853 9986 www.passiondesoie.com.au
- Eurobodalla Adult Ed. Centre – Bronwen Irving – Eurobodalla Shire 02 4472 9202 email@example.com school term
- Spotlight Stores – Wollongong 02 4227 3499 regularly
- Sturt Summer School – Mittagong 02 4860 2083 www.sturt.nsw.edu.au January
- ATASDA – Carolyn Cabena – Ku-ring-gai 02 9630 6386 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Well known silk artist Isabella Whitworth teaches classes, gives Presentations and Talks – visit her website at www.isabellawhitworth.com or click here to email Isabella
- School of Art and Design – Textile Design and Surface Decoration – http://www.uel.ac.uk/design/textiles/ – A part of the University of East London. Includes student handbook describing curriculum, dye recipes, resources and contact information.
- UK : The Lotus Studio – Offers residential courses and daily workshops in a range of subjects including silk painting, watercolours, acrylics, calligraphy and illuminated manuscripts. Based in Ackleton.
- UK : Robin paris Workshops in batik.
- California : Fort Bragg : Susan Louise Moyer’s Workshops & Retreats offers workshops all year round (and sells silk painting supplies).
- Illinois : Westmont : TLD Design Center and Gallery – http://www.tlddesigns.com – Art gallery in Westmont offering classes in weaving, spinning and other arts and crafts.
- Some Piece of Work – http://www.somepieceofwork.com – Offers workshops and seminars in the design of textile crafts including dyeing and block printing using natural products. Includes background about the media and schedule.
- Illinois : St Charles : Fine Lines Creative Arts Center finelineca.org/classes.php – excellent classes in dyeing, shibori etc
- Well known silk artist, Mr Jean-Louis Mireault, teaches classes and speaks at art conferences (by appointment). Located in Montreal, Quebec, visit his website for more information, or email Jean-Louis.
- Sylvie Bernadette Workshop (website in English and French), Saint-Jude Church, 10 -120 d’Auteuil Ave, Montréal (close to Sauvé metro)
Tel: Canada (514) 236-7492, or email email@example.com
- Check out www.foxglovefibrearts.org if you’re looking for workshops on the west coast of Canada. Email Jennifer Love of the Foxglove Fibre Arts Studio and Gallery, Bowen Island (just outside of Vancouver BC) Canada
- MALAYSIA – INDONESIA
- Fine Art Training Center – http://www.fine-art-batik.com – Batik-painting instructional center held in Malaysia. Information on classes and accommodation, gallery of students’ work.
- The Art Of Batik Painting – http://lepaonac.tripod.com/ – Mrs. Leong, batik teacher in Singapore, provides illustrated instructions for batik and photos of students’ work.
care of textiles
- Textile Center of Minnesota, http://www.mtn.org./textilecenter/ – A coalition of the textile community, dedicated to promoting and preserving textile excellence. St. Paul.
- Textile Repair Studio – http://www.quiltrepair.com – Repair, restoration and appraisal. List of services, contact information.
- Kiss-Off Stain Remover, Redwood City, California
australia & nz
- Batik Oetoro – silk paints, steamers, scarves (Randwick, NSW)
- JudyBourke.com – supplier of liquid fibre reactive dyes, non toxic paints (including Createx) and workshops, mail order – Thirroul, NSW – email Judy
- S &S Wholesalers – for art teachers, wholesale silk paints (all Batik Oetoro products), and all art supplies, stretcher frames etc – Thornleigh, NSW
- Eckersley’s 9 art stores – art, craft and graphics supplies – www.eckersleys.com.au
- Silksational.com.au is an Aussie site located in Wetherill Park, NSW, and owned by silk artist Sylvia Riley. Buy silk painting supplies – silk scarves in Paj, habotai, chiffon; silk pillow covers; sarongs; Arty’s pre-gutta scarves, steam and heat fix dyes, claws, stretcher frames, brushes, etc
- The Bottle People, for all your glass and plactic bottle needs.
- Textile & Lace Imports – silk and other fabrics by the roll – Rosebery, NSW – tel 02.9662.4566
- Elsegood Fabrics – quality silk, fine cottons, scarves, mail order – Chippendale, NSW
- Marion Herra-Gorr of Beautiful Silks will ship your silk faster than you can order it – I’ve always had superb service – contact Marion at BeautifulSilks.com
- E&M Greenfields Wholesale Fabrics, 30-36 Ann St, Surry Hills (Sydney) – tel 02-9212-1944
- AAA Wholesale Fabrics, 27 Wedgewood Rd, Hallam, VIC 3803 (Melbourne) – tel +61 3 8795 1222
- Cello bags, boxes, packaging
- AJM Specialty Packaging Co, contact owner Gordon Matchett on 02-9550-0447. Cellophane boxes made to any shape or size
- Carryrite – Sydney NSW. Cellophane bags, boxes & packaging made to order. Contact 02-9417-2266, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bruble Shred & Pack Suppliers – Smithfield NSW – cellophane bags made to order. Tel 02.725.3959
- Champion Textiles – Newtown NSW – supply balsa boxes. Tel 02-9519-6677
- Supplier of Artys’s products in Australia: National Arts Materials, Unit 2, 43 Burgess Road, BAYSWATER VIC 3153,Tel. 03 9720 3322, Fax 03 9720 5261
- Passion de Soie (“Passion of Silk”) – silks, dyes, classes – Kew, Vic. email email@example.com
- KraftKolour – email firstname.lastname@example.org) – dyes etc for handpainting natural and synthetic fibres – Northcote, Vic.
- Francheville – Collingwood, Vic – tel: 1-800-632281
- Micador Australia Pty Ltd – silk paints, no steaming, iron fix – Box Hill, Vic. – tel: 03-9890-1011
- Sericus Sensational Silks(email), handrolled scarves, sewing products – S.A.
- The antipodean Aladdin’s cave – best range of machine and hand embroidery threads, textile art supplies. www.thethreadstudio.com catalogue, textile art gallery, handy hints, links. Contact Dale Rollerson, The Thread Studio (WOW), 6 Smith Street, Perth 6000, Western Australia. Tel +61 (0)8-9227-1561, email email@example.com
- New Zealand
- Rupert, Gibbon & Spider / Silk Connection / Jacquard – silk scarves, paints, products – international mail order – Healdsburg, Cal, USA
- Atelier de Paris, 1543 South Robertson Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90035
Tel: (310) 553-6636 : Fax: (310) 553-9621 : e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dharma Trading – best supplier of all silk paints, clothing blanks, dyes, fantastic array or products! San Rafael, Cal, USA
- Susan Louise Moyer’s Moyer Design Inc. has been a supplier of silk painting dyes and related products in the US for the past ten years, also offers workshops. Located in Fort Bragg, Cal, USA
- ITSA Studio Art silks, felts, jewelry, surface design supplies, beads, ethnic treasures & more. Classes to be offered in future. P.O. Box 189696, Sacramento, California 95818. Phone/Fax USA: (+1-916) 442-2036. Email: email@example.com
- Exotic Silks located in Mountain View, California, excellent range of silk & scarves wholesale and retail. tel. 1-800-845-SILK, in Calif. call 1-800-345-SILK, Fax 650-965-0712 (international callers dial +1 for USA) – ask for a catalog.
- Thai Silks – fabrics and other items for silk artists, email firstname.lastname@example.org, tel USA (650) – (800) 722-7455, Calif: (800) 221-7455. 252 State Street, Los Altos, CA 94022
- John Marshall is a world-renowned silk artist specialising in Japanse painting styles, and has an extensive list of retailers of natural dyes and info on Japanese techniques (also sells products).
- Aurora Silk is located in Portland, Oregon 97217 USA, tel USA 503-286-4149, email email@example.com
- Lysilk – supplier of silk scarves etc. Located in Chatsworth, California 91311. Tel: (818) 341-5848, email David Lu for latest price list on firstname.lastname@example.org. Can ship worldwide.
- Impact Images Cellophane and plastic bags to protect your silk, cards etc – huge range of products!
- Excellent page chock full of silk painting supply shops, scarves etc.
- Bags, Cellophane bags
- Fetpak – supplies for jewellery makers, but they have huge variety of cello bags and other things required by people selling their art. Located in New York. http://www.fetpak.com/
- Bags Unlimited www.bagsunlimited.com – polybags, cello, paper, zipperbags, mailing supplies – you name it, they’ve got it!
- NameMaker Labels, woven and printed, fabric garment labels. tel USA 800-241-2890
- Plastic covers & stuff
- Manufacture and distributor – checkbook covers, menu covers, calendar covers, address book covers, business card holders, sheet protectors, bookmark covers, loose leaf binders, cd sleeves, and insertable products, for computer crafts, home business, rubber stampers, teachers, restaurants, office, plant, and great gift ideas. Clear sleeves and envelopes for packaging, catalog covers and book covers for protection. http://www.americankelco.com [tip – put silk in the checkbook covers!]
- Ribbons, Lace and Trim
- Lace & Trim – Rancho Cordova, California – tel 800-368-3186
- Craft Supplies – wholesale prices and quantities, discount supplies. www.createforless.com
- Baltazor’s Fabrics and Laces – 3406 Hessmer Avenue, Metairie, LA 70002. Toll-free: 800-523-5223. Phone: 504-889-0333. E-mail: email@example.com www.baltazor.com.
- Silk Cocoons, Rods, Hankies, Ribbons & More
- www.funwithsilk.com – Fun with Silk Kits (with silk cocoons, carrier rods, hankies, etc.) , Hand dyed silk ribbon, Silkscreens and more
- Britex Fabrics – 146 Geary Street, San Francisco, CA 94108 USA. tel 415-392-2910. Fax: 415-392-3906. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org – http://www.britexfabrics.com.
- Exquisite Fabrics – 1775 K Street NW, Washington, D.C. 20006 – Phone: 202-775-1818.
- Fabric Depot – 700 SE 122nd Avenue, Portland, OR 97233 – Toll-free: 888-896-1478. Phone: 503-252-6267. Fax: 503-252-9556. http://www.fabricdepot.com.
- Fabrics Unlimited – 5015 Columbia Pike, Arlington, VA 22204. Domestic and imported fabrics of all fibers from designer cutting rooms. Write or call for more information. tel 703-671-0324.
- G Street Fabrics – 11854 Rockville Pike, Rockville, MD 20852. Has three additional retail stores in Virginia. Toll-free: 800-333-9191. Phone: 301-231-8998. Fax: 301-231-9155. http://www.gstreetfabrics.com.
- Josephine’s Dry Goods – 521 SW 11th, Portland, OR 97205. Phone: 503-224-4202.
- King’s Road Imports – 548 S. Los Angeles Street, Los Angeles, CA 90013 – Phone: 213-624-9451. Fax: 213-624-9457. Toll-free: 800-433-1546.
- Mill End Store – 9701 SE McLoughlin Boulevard, Portland, OR 97222 – Phone: 503-786-1234. Fax: 503-786-2022. Web site: http://www.millendstore.com. E-mail: email@example.com.
- Oriental Silk Company – 8377 Beverly Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90048 – tel 323-651-2323.
- Qualin International – P.O. Box 31145, San Francisco, CA 94131 – Phone: 415-970-8888. Fax: 415-282-8789. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sawyer Brook Distinctive Fabrics – P.O. Box 1800, Clinton, MA 01505-0813 – Toll-free: 800-290-2739. Phone: 978-368-3133. Fax: 978-365-1775. Their web site is a good place to check out extensive button inventory: http://www.sawyerbrook.com.
- Silk Road Textile Merchants – 3910 N. Lamar Blvd., Austin, TX 78756 – Phone: 512-302-0844. Fax: 512-302-0611. Web site: http://www.srfabrics.com.
- Stonemountain & Daughter Fabrics – 2518 Shattuck Avenue at Dwight Way, Berkeley, CA 94704. Phone: 510-845-6106. Fax: 510-845-6114. http://www.stonemountainfabric.com.
- Super Silk – P.O. Box 527596, Flushing, NY 11352 – Phone: 718-886-2606. Fax: 718-886-2657. Toll-free: 800-432-7455. Web site: http://www.supersilk.com.
- Testfabrics, Inc. – P.O. Box 26, West Pittston, PA 18643 – Phone: 570-603-0432. Fax: 570-603-0433. E-mail: email@example.com. http://www.testfabrics.com.
- Things Japanese – 9805 NE 116th Street, Suite 7160, Kirkland, WA 98034 – Phone: 425-821-2287. Fax: 425-821-3554. http://www.silkthings.com. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Utex Trading – 710 9th Street, Niagara Falls, NY 14301 – Phone: 416-596-7565.
- Specialty Bottle – For all your glass and plastic bottle needs.
- Cards & Envelopes:
- Check out clearenvelopes.com for fabulous CLEAR ENVELOPES and other card stock and supplies. Tel: 916-933-6217, located in El Dorado Hills, Ca.
- ampersandart.com sells boards, gesso canvases
- Gorgeous blank cards, wedding invitations at LCIPaper.com
rest of world
- ARGENTINA :
- Artistica Leidi Avda Las Heras 1672 – Capital Federal; 4 814 1582
- Libertad 757 Capital Federal 4 371 7675
- Artistica San Luis Avda. Triunvirato 4312 Capital Federal 4 523 5136
- Artistica Rigo Avda De Mayo 724 Capital Federal 4 342 0919
- Artistica Rubens Parana 777 Capital Federal 4 3753438
- Artistica del Bajo Unicenter Shopping Martinez Pcia de Buenos Aires 4 8361627
- Segurola 1425 Vicente Lopez Pcia.de Buenos Aires 4 7917168
- BELGIUM :
- CANADA :
- Canada : G & S Dye, Toronto and Markham in Ontario, tel USA (416) 596-0550 – based in Canada and ship all over North America; excellent page of links of suppliers and other info
- JB Silks – In Canada: Unit 311 Ð 8352 130th Street, Surrey, British Columbia V3W 8J9. In USA: 170 E. Bakerview Road, Unit 1106, Bellingham, WA 98226. Phone: 604-502-8580. Fax: 604-502-8599. Toll-free: 800-269-5671. http://www.jbsilks.com. E-mail: email@example.com.
- Treenwaysilks.com – silk yarn, fibres, ribbons, workshops, tours – lovely website. 501 Musgrave Road, Salt Spring Island, British Columbia V8K 1V5 Canada. Email firstname.lastname@example.org – Fax Canada (250) 653-2347 – Phone (250) 653-2345
- CrystalClearBags.com has a great selection of cellophane bags of all sizes, perfect to put silk cards or scarves in. Located at 56 Canaan Street Unit #3 Strathroy, Ontario Canada.
- UK :
- Rainbow Silks for silk painting and fabric decoration supplies by mail order or at UK craft fairs – silks, velvets, fabric paints, dyes and other materials.
- Silk-Painting.co.uk – the place for all your silk painting requirements.
- Kereds – art and craft supplies, silk painting, books, online catalogue.
- Colour Craft Dyes UK
- ART VAN GO (WOW) – Art Materials, Dyes & Fabric Paints, Handmade papers, Sketchbooks, Screen-printing, Paper-making, Silk and Velvet.Mobile Shop, Mail Order. For catalogue, send 33p stamp (UK) to: The Studios, 1 Stevenage Road, Knebworth, Herts SG3 6AN, UK. Tel. +44 (0)1438 814946, Fax. +44 (0)1438 816267, email. email@example.com, web site www.artvango.co.uk
- UK -based silk fibre supplier : http://www.fibrecrafts.com
- FRANCE :
- GERMANY :
- Gallerie Smend www.smend.de : fantastic supplier across Europe of all things silk. Click here for Online shop in English.
- Seidenmalerie – Ilsemarie Steyer (English translated site or click here http://www.kreativ-versand.de for German site), silk clothing blanks for men, women, children; silk artist paints, frames, supplies etc. Check out the fantastic painting frame (Universal-Standgerat) and terrific tie-painting frame (Kravatten-malstander) – you can also make one yourself using old wire coathangers. Postfach 1162, 21741 Hemmoor. Tel (0-47-71) 64-62-0, fax (0-47-71) 64-62-62. 250 fantastic catalog and leaflets on many products. email Steyer@Kreativ-Versand.de
- WFK Artist Colours (available in German or English). Supplier of paints (SEIDICOLOR, SARICOLOR, TEXICOLOR)
- http://www.vbs-hobbywelt.de – click on “Stoff und Seide” (means cloth and silk), to the right the top panel says “Stoff” and the bottom panel says “Seide”
- CZECH REPUBLIC :
- Prague – Pavel Srsen, Gallery owner, displays silk paintings and wearable art from approx 30 silk artists from the Czech Republic, in and around Prague. Go to Old Town Square (Staromestke Namesti) and look for the big sign “Hand-painted Silk"e, go down the staircase and be stunned by the wealth of silk to feast upon. Supplies also available – silk, dye, gutta, brushes, nibs etc. Check out the website at silkgallery.cz
Visit Gallery at the White Unicorn, Staromestske Namesti 15, Praha 1, Czech Republic.
- Arty’s is one of the most famous silk paint and product suppliers in Europe – also ship goods to many countries, and have an extensive list of pre-made silk clothing blanks and furnishing items (cushion covers, clothes, men’s ties) which you can finish sewing after painting. Very simple and easy to paint.
Check out arty’s here http://www.artys.ch
- Object Magazine, Australia
- The Australian Forum for Textile Arts (TAFTA) – http://www.ggcreations.com.au/tafta/
Providing publications, conferences and workshops for textile craftspeople. Contains conference and magazine subscription information, news and events.
- Interweave Press, http://www.interweave.com/ – Book and magazine publisher. “Spin-Off,” “Handwoven,” and “Interweave Knits”. Events.
- Fiberarts – The Magazine of Textiles,
http://www.fiberartsmagazine.com/ – Journal of modern textile art. Calendar, highlights, and subscription FAQ.
- WeaveScene.com, http://www.weavescene.com – An electronic journal for the weaving community.
- Threads Magazine, USA
- The Lavender Sheep – http://www.lavendelschaf.de – German magazine with English translation, on projects combining textiles and herbs.
- Fibrearts, USA
- TextileForum Magazine, Germany tel: +49-511-813108
- The Crafts Report Magazine USA
- http://Selvedge.org – offers the world’s finest textile photography, unparalleled design and peerless writing – [link back to us]
computers & textiles
other fabulous links
- Cyndi Campbell, of Alaska USA – www.flash.net/~ccstudio/ offers her links for fiber enthusiasts.
- Arteguides.com – fabulous resources – a comprehensive art directory, links to artists, art galleries, art museums and much more.
- The Jam Factory, Victoria, Australia
- Silk Gallery UK
- Absolute Arts
- DMOZ has hundreds of fiber art supplies links – click here
- !tzalist Arts Directory
- visit the website of Tatyana Petukhova in St Petersburg, Russia. (Click on the link on the home page for the English Version.)
- PhotoEZ is a light-sensitive emulsion applied to a fine mesh nylon screen for the purpose of making screen stencils. By exposing the emulsion covered screen to daylight or fluorescent light, the emulsion changes into a tough coating. When a black and white image printed on clear acetate or 20-pound paper is placed over the screen and exposed to daylight, the emulsion under the black areas remains water soluble and washes off creating an open mesh for paint to pass through.
— ————————————————————– books links –>
We are developing a page of books which can be purchased through Amazon US and UK, SearchPress UK, and Australian book stores online – click here to see how far we’ve got …
Fantastic list of fiber art books on Lili Pintea Reed’s Fiber News website. Visit Lili’s craft website.